About Us

My photo
Welcome to the Crump Family Blog! Join us as we travel the globe this summer exploring the great works of our great God! Ps 111:2

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jordan and Emily's Top Picks...So far.

Here are Emily's top five from England and Scotland (we've had technical difficulties!): 

5. Edinburg castle

The guided tour, which was my favorite part, was informative and funny. Mary Queen of scots was a big part of the history here.



4. Warwick castle

This was my favorite castle, because it had interactive activities and demonstrations.

3. London Eye

It was amazing to see so far from so high!

2. Changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace

I thought it was interesting that the band played ''New York, New York'' during the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.

1. Riding horses in Stanton

Riding horses in the Cotswold hills was a very memorable time. It was my first time in an English saddle, but it wasn't too different from a Western saddle. It was a beautiful, scenic view of other hills and everything below. Pasta - my horse, Tiger - dad's horse and Jasper - the guide's horse, were perfect mounts. If you like relaxing while enjoying fresh air and love horses like I do, I highly recommend you do this ride!
 

Here are Jordan's top five in England and Scotland:

5. Tower Bridge:

We took a river cruise on the Thames to get to the Tower of London. Along the way, we had a few surprises, and this was one of them!

4. The Rosetta Stone:

It took us a long time to get to the British Museum, but it was worth it. We got to see one of the most famous artifacts in the world! It's amazing to think this stone unlocked the mysteries of hieroglyphics. It's a must see in London.

3. Tower of London:

I wouldn't want to be a prisoner here! Their methods of execusion were brutal, few escaped this prison castle. I didn't know this, but William Penn was a hostage here.

2. Westminster Abbey and Big Ben:

 

Few people know that " Big Ben " is not the clock tower itself, but the bell inside! We were blessed to see some of a debate taking place in the House of Lords. Westminster Abbey was the first and largest cathedral I'd ever seen.

1. Warwick Castle:

Several reasons why Warwick Castle is my favorite sight in our travels so far - The castle is huge, well preserved, but what I enjoyed most was all the demonstrations, interactive displays, drama, guided tours and the history behind the castle. God enabled mankind to create some amazing things! (that's why I like Legos so much). I think Warick Castle is a must see in Europe.

Well, we hope you enjoyed our "Top Picks"!

Us working hard on our blog :)

It's really amazing to think we actually got to see all of these places. Mom keeps asking us if we need her to pinch us to see if this is just a dream or not. We love it here, but we miss home, friends and family. We can't wait to see everyone when we get back!

POW!

3 comments:

  1. Emily & Jordan- it was great to see your top 5 picks-so far :) I can see why they are amongst your favorites. It's still hard to believe you all are in other countries!! We can't wait to see you, give you hugs & hear your stories too. These sure do beat G-ma's stories :) Enjoy the rest of your trip, we'll be seeing you soon! Love, G-ma Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I forgot to say I love the last picture of Emily & Jordan!! It looks like one of their pictures they would take!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete